Designing Innovative Finance Mechanisms for Scaling Impact
Innovative finance represents a set of financial solutions that create scalable and effective ways of channeling private money from the global financial markets towards solving pressing global problems. Visionary leaders are building a new funding paradigm at a time when aspirations to meet global challenges like climate change, energy, poverty, and social inequality far exceed the resources of traditional funders.
The breakfast panel, followed by an interactive Q&A with the audience, convenes cutting-edge thinkers in the field of innovative finance who will highlight emerging instruments and case studies such as sovereign insurance, pay-for-success securities, catastrophe bonds, blockchain technology, and publicly traded equity vehicles, with a focus on the practical implications behind these innovations – designed to scale and yield both attractive investor returns and social value.
Join an audience of investors, finance executives, policy experts, fund managers, and development professionals to exchange ideas and gain insights into the work being done in innovative finance practices today.
- Tory Newmyer (moderator), The Washington Post
- Jesse Chenard, CEO, MonetaGo (Blockchain Solutions)
- Karl Fickenscher, Deputy Assistant Administrator, USAID Bureau for Economic Growth, Education, and Environment
- Saadia Madsbjerg, Managing Director, The Rockefeller Foundation
- Gloria Nelund, CEO, TriLinc Global
- Sonal Shah, Executive Director, Beeck Center for Social Impact + Innovation
- William Spire, Managing Director, Arena Growth Holdings (Impact Investor)