GU Impacts Fellowship
Summary + Problem Statement
GU Impacts is a 7-month fellowship program guiding students through an immersive and transformational experience. While the fellowship is centered around a 10-week independent summer project with one of our social impact partners, the Beeck Center wraps fellows’ summer experience with robust on- and off-boarding.
With intentional orientation, continuous discernment, and guidance into next-steps, this program supports Beeck Center’s larger mission of molding future social impact leaders.
Through the generous support of our donors, the program has guided 142 students through an immersive social impact experience.
If you are looking for a program where you can learn, engage, act, and partner in the social impact space, GU Impacts may be for you. Sign our 2020 interest form to stay up-to-date on info sessions, applications, and partners for the upcoming year.
What We Are
- A 7-month program with 8 partners students can work with over the summer
- An independent work experience over the summer, a 20-25 cohort-experience to grow together with
- An opportunity for any continuing undergraduate students, no matter which school, class, or major
What We Are NOT
- A choose-your-own-adventure program. Students rank their preferred partners for the summer, but should understand the mission and programming of GU Impact beyond the 10-week project
- A guided summer experience with a GU faculty or staff member
- An opportunity for graduating seniors or students studying abroad in Spring 2020
Stepping Off the Linear Career Path
Growing Up at the Beeck Center
Remote but not Removed: Making an Impact through a Virtual Fellowship
GU Impact Interns Organize First of Many Teacher Conferences in Rural India
Managing Experiential Learning During a Global Pandemic
GU Impacts: Turning an Inkling into a Career