The GU Impacts Fellowship
Make an Impact.
The Beeck Center's signature student engagement program, GU Impacts, provides Georgetown University students experiential learning opportunities in the social sector within the U.S. and around the world.
What we are:
- A 7-month program with 6 partners students can work with over the summer
- An independent work experience over the summer, a 12-16 cohort-experience to grow together with
- An opportunity for any continuing undergraduate students, no matter which school, class, or major
What we are not:
- A choose-your-own-adventure program. Students rank their preferred partners for the summer, but should understand the mission and programming of GU Impact beyond the 10-week project
- A guided summer experience with a GU faculty or staff member
- An opportunity for graduating seniors or students studying abroad in Spring 2021
GU Impacts has three components to its program: orientation (spring), implementation (summer), and re-integration (fall).
Orientation Day: Targeted Workshops, Weekly Newsletters, Location Information, Partner Check-Ins, Funding, and more.
10-12 weeks. Social Impact Projects. Community Level. Goals + Deliverables. Guided Reflections. Sustainability.
One-on-One Debriefs. Group Reflection Day. Next-steps Guidance. Expo / Showcase. Blog Entry. Alumni Management.