Making systems work for all.
Right Now We Are
Digital Service Network
- Documenting methodologies of digital service teams in state, local, tribal, and territorial government.
- Supporting a community of practice to share and replicate proven approaches to deliver services and carry out missions. Leading training and technical assistance on topics such as investing American Rescue Plan funds for data and technology infrastructure.
The Power of Peer Networking: How ARP Can Transform Government Tech and Service Delivery if We Help Leaders Invest Wisely
Jun. 8, 2021
Digital Benefits Network
- Expanding access and uptake of benefits by documenting and sharing data, design, and technology-driven interventions.
- Leading a network of benefits administrators implementing innovative ways to improve access and administration.
- Closing the gap between people eligible for public benefits and those who actually complete applications and receive approval.
Delivering Benefits With Proven Innovations
Feb. 22, 2022
Intergovernmental Software Collaborative
- Identifying high-priority policies and needs that could benefit from shared software across jurisdictions.
- Supporting a network of software cooperatives to share existing and new software among one another. Investigating how government agencies can better utilize shared technology and data to respond to exigencies of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Learning from Failure: When Sharing Software Doesn’t Work
Apr. 11, 2022
- Documenting novel approaches where members and committees use technology and data to increase civic participation.
- Creating new feedback methods between Congress and the American people.
- Building new tools to make it easier to find and reuse civic testimony to ensure constituent voices are heard.
- Lorelei Kelly
The Movement to Modernize Congress is Now Imperative
Apr. 7, 2020
The Opportunity Project for Cities
- Leveraging data, community partnerships, and open source technology to co-create digital products that solve local challenges.
- Training city leaders in community-centered design to prioritize the voices of affected communities in data-driven innovation.
- Building a network of cities equipped with replicable open source solutions to scale best practices for community-driven innovation.
- Katya Abazajian
From Disruptors to Maintainers: Leveraging Tech Talent for TOPcities
Oct. 20, 2021
State Chief Data Officers Network
- Publishing guidance and recommendations for state leaders to leverage the role of a chief data officer.
- Bringing chief data officers together in a formal network to share and scale best practices.
- Facilitating collaboration between data and policy experts to empower state governments to use data more effectively, efficiently, and equitably.
- Tyler Kleykamp
- Katya Abazajian
- Ali Benson
- Vinith Annam
- Carlos Andrés Arias
Carlos Andrés Arias
- Samantha Levy
- Ashley Thompson
Foundation of a Successful Data Project: Engaging Your Community
Apr. 26, 2022
How Illinois is building equity into procurement with the help of Data Labs
May. 18, 2022
Reports & Resources
Benefit Eligibility Rules as Code: Reducing the Gap Between Policy and Service Delivery for the Safety Net
Feb. 22, 2022
By tapping into the talent of our Georgetown students—and nurturing their growth in the field by pairing them with some of the brightest minds in public interest technology—the Beeck Center is not only actively changing societal systems, but ensuring that same spirit of innovation lives on well into the future. Robert M. Groves
Provost, Georgetown University
Beeck Center alumni. Georgetown University undergraduate and graduate students are the engine driving our work since we launched in 2014.
People across the U.S. have been touched by the Beeck Center’s projects.