What is the Beeck Center?
We are an experiential hub that has two key mandates.
We value things differently.
Our work centers on investing in outcomes for individuals and society. We believe impact at scale requires the courage to think, behave, and collaborate differently.
- Thinking differently. The Beeck Center starts with outcomes first. We question and re-define incentive structures. Leveraging the tools of finance, data, and civic voice, we scale innovative solutions beyond just organizations.
- Behaving differently. Through our applied research, the Beeck Center showcases new models. We don’t shy away from failure. We meet people where they are knowing that tools, frameworks, and approaches are important to achieve outcomes.
- Collaborating differently. We work beyond silos. The Center convenes public, private, and civic actors to co-create solutions leading to lasting outcomes.
… And students get to roll-up their sleeves and participate in all of it.
Join us in building a community to shift paradigms.
November 19, 2019
Data, Digital + Social Impact Seminar Series – Part 5: Digital Service Delivery and Design
- September 24: Leveraging Data for Impact
- October 8: Balancing Data Use with Data Privacy
- October 22: Digital Government + Public Interest Tech
- November 5: Digital Service Delivery and Design
- November 19: Maximizing Social Impact for Data + Digital
November 20, 2019
GU Impacts Info Webinar
November 21, 2019
Fair Finance Workshop: More Than Measurement
December 9, 2019
Student Analyst Capstone Showcase
The Beeck Center for Social Impact + Innovation looks forward to hosting the Student Analyst Capstone Showcase on Monday, December 9 from 1-3pm. The Showcase features a dozen undergraduate and graduate Student Analysts sharing their work from the Fall 2019 semester in driving towards systems-level impact through various projects within our Fair Finance, Data + Digital, and Student Engagement portfolios. The Beeck Center’s Student Analyst program sits at the intersection of our two mandates as a training ground for students and an incubator for leading edge ideas, and the Showcase offers an opportunity to learn about how we are training the next generation of social impact leaders while gaining insights on some of the problems we are working to solve, from Census 2020 to Opportunity Zones. Join us for a panel discussion and presentations. Food and refreshments will be served! Georgetown University McDonough School of Business, Room 415.View Event