Making systems work for all.
Right Now We Are
Digital Service Network
- Documenting methodologies of digital service teams in state, local, tribal, and territorial government.
- Supporting a community of practice to share and replicate proven approaches to deliver services and carry out missions. Leading training and technical assistance on topics such as investing American Rescue Plan funds for data and technology infrastructure.
Toward sound, explicit theories of change for Digital Service teams
Jan. 18, 2023
Digital Benefits Network
- Expanding access and uptake of public benefits by documenting and sharing equitable data, design, and technology-driven interventions.
- Leading a network of public benefits practitioners who are implementing innovative ways to improve access and administration.
- Creating actionable tools and resources to replicate proven approaches across benefit programs.
- Ariel Kennan
- Jennifer Phillips
Program Lead, Network Collaboration
- Elizabeth Bynum Sorrell
Elizabeth Bynum Sorrell
- Maya Salameh
Program + Data Manager
- Tina Amper
- Marcus Courtney
- Adam Bobrow
New Dataset: Digital Authentication and Identity Proofing in Public Benefits Applications
May. 22, 2023
Intergovernmental Software Collaborative
- Identifying high-priority policies and needs that could benefit from shared software across jurisdictions.
- Supporting a network of software cooperatives to share existing and new software among one another.
- Investigating how government agencies can better utilize shared technology and data to respond to exigencies of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Learning from Failure: When Sharing Software Doesn’t Work
Apr. 11, 2022
- Documenting novel approaches where members and committees use technology and data to increase civic participation.
- Creating new feedback methods between Congress and the American people.
- Building new tools to make it easier to find and reuse civic testimony to ensure constituent voices are heard.
- Lorelei Kelly
The Movement to Modernize Congress is Now Imperative
Apr. 7, 2020
The Opportunity Project for Cities
- Leveraging data, community partnerships, and open source technology to co-create digital products that solve local challenges.
- Training city leaders in community-centered design to prioritize the voices of affected communities in data-driven innovation.
- Building a network of cities equipped with replicable open source solutions to scale best practices for community-driven innovation.
How the City of Akron is tackling housing evictions
Nov. 28, 2023
State Chief Data Officers Network
- Publishing guidance and recommendations for state leaders to leverage the role of a chief data officer.
- Bringing chief data officers together in a formal network to share and scale best practices.
- Supporting talent pipelines from higher education into state government data teams.
- Milda Aksamitauskas
Mac Milin Kiran
The Uniquely Collaborative Role of CDOs
Jun. 5, 2023
Data Labs Now Accepting Project Proposals for Its Third Cohort
Feb. 1, 2024
Reports & Resources
Procurement Transformation in the City of Syracuse: A Digital Service Network Spotlight
Feb. 16, 2024
From Insight to Action: Collaborative Approaches to Data-Informed Solutions in States
February 28, 2024
By tapping into the talent of our Georgetown students—and nurturing their growth in the field by pairing them with some of the brightest minds in public interest technology—the Beeck Center is not only actively changing societal systems, but ensuring that same spirit of innovation lives on well into the future. ROBERT M. GROVES
Provost, Georgetown University
Beeck Center alumni. Georgetown University undergraduate and graduate students are the engine driving our work since we launched in 2014.