What is the Beeck Center?
We are an experiential hub that has two key mandates.
We value things differently.
Our work centers on investing in outcomes for individuals and society. We believe impact at scale requires the courage to think, behave, and collaborate differently.
- Thinking differently. The Beeck Center starts with outcomes first. We question and re-define incentive structures. Leveraging the tools of finance, data, and civic voice, we scale innovative solutions beyond just organizations.
- Behaving differently. Through our applied research, the Beeck Center showcases new models. We don’t shy away from failure. We meet people where they are knowing that tools, frameworks, and approaches are important to achieve outcomes.
- Collaborating differently. We work beyond silos. The Center convenes public, private, and civic actors to co-create solutions leading to lasting outcomes.
… And students get to roll-up their sleeves and participate in all of it.
Join us in building a community to shift paradigms.
September 24, 2019
Data, Digital + Social Impact Seminar Series
- September 24: Leveraging Data for Impact - REGISTER NOW
- October 8: Balancing Data Use with Data Privacy
- October 22: Digital Government + Public Interest Tech
- November 5: Digital Service Delivery and Design
- November 19: Maximizing Social Impact for Data + Digital
September 25, 2019
Beeck Center Open House
Learn about the work being done at the Center to create Impact at Scale. Meet our team, and hear about opportunities to join us as a Student Analyst, GU Impacts fellow, or portfolio Fellow. The event is open to students, faculty, staff, or anyone in the community interested in finding out what the Beeck Center is all about, so stop by our office in ICC 100 from 5:30 - 7pm and say hi.View Event
September 26, 2019
GU Women in Impact Investing Conference
Along with Georgetown's Net Impact Chapter, the Women Impact Investing Network is hosting a learning panel, All About Impact Measurement. A lot has been happening in the impact management and measurement space! From the launch of the Impact Management Project's 5 dimensions of impact, IFC's operating principles for impact management to GIIN's recent release of IRIS+, there are now several best practices for organizations to design and measure their impact investments. With support from the Beeck Center, All About Impact Measurement panel will aim to demystify the impact management and measurement frameworks while providing the latest insights from leading practitioners and industry groups. Join us at Georgetown University's Healy Hall and Gaston Auditorium on the evening of September 26th from 6:00 - 8:30pm! Panel will start no later than 6:30pm.
September 27, 2019
GU Impacts Exposition
Are you interested in learning about the GU Impacts fellows' summer? Join us from 11 - 1 pm at Pedro Arrupe, S.J. Multipurpose Room to hear from the GU Impacts 2019 cohort. Each fellow will showcase how they spent their summer by presenting who they were partnered with, what project they worked on and how they participated in Impact At Scale. Event is open to faculty, staff and students, hope to see you there!View Event
October 10, 2019
South Carolina Opportunity Zone Summit
Jen Collins, Beeck Center Fellow-in-Residence focused on Opportunity Zones, joins a panel discussion with Peter Truog, from The Opportunity Exchange, and George Ashton with LISC, hosted by Shay Hawkins, founder and CEO of the Opportunity Funds Association. The conference is an exclusive glance at how you can maximize the positive impact of Opportunity Zones throughout South Carolina. Join U.S. Senator Tim Scott, along with an array of industry experts, business leaders and community stakeholders for the upcoming summit this fall. http://scopportunityfund.com/event/View Event