State data teams operate at the intersection of technology, policy, and people. This strategic vantage point can position state data teams as not only key players but also leaders who can guide technical and non-technical colleagues, alike, through complex data and service delivery challenges.
On January 31, 2023, from 2 – 3pm ET, Data Labs—a joint venture between the Beeck Center for Social Impact + Innovation at Georgetown University and the National Governors Association—invites you to attend a virtual panel of state-level data leaders in conversation about lesser-examined data management topics that have a strategic role in supporting better digital delivery of public services. Conversation topics include:
- The role of organizational culture in successful delivery of services to residents
- Balancing data security and data integration to responsibly share data across agencies to improve services
- Leveling up data quality assurance to include good data collection and documentation practices
We will also briefly announce the open call for proposals to join the upcoming cohort of Data Labs, a training and technical assistance program that helps states launch data projects.
Our panel includes:
- Dessa Gypalo, Chief Data Officer for the Illinois Department of Innovation & Technology
- Kathryn Darnall Helms, Chief Data Officer for the state of Oregon
- Robert McGough, Chief Analytics Officer at Arkansas Department of Information Systems
There will be an opportunity for audience Q&A at the end of the panel discussion. RSVP to attend the panel here. We look forward to seeing you then.