This report examines data, design, technology, and innovation-enabled approaches that make it easier for eligible people to enroll in, and receive, federally-funded public benefits. Originally published in October 2020 and later updated in January 2021, this report provides a view into best digital practices and some of the earliest innovations in response to the COVID-19 pandemic by government agencies and delivery organizations as they worked to respond to the crisis.
- A Conversation with Paul Fleissner, Director of Olmsted County Department of Health, Housing, and Human Services and Future Services Institute Co-Founder [February 2021]
- CASE STUDY: Designing Enrollment Experiences for Vision Impaired Seniors [January 2021]
- CASE STUDY: San Francisco Human Services Agency: Prototypes to Connect Newly-sheltered Clients During COVID-19 [January 2021]
- CASE STUDY: Remote Identity Proofing, Race, and Credit History Across America [December 2020]
- BLOG: Building a Better Social Safety Net [October 2020]
- BLOG: Economic Recovery Starts with a Modern Social Safety Net Benefit System [July 2020]